Michael Ciftci is shifty

So this little piece of Squirrel poop Michael Shifty – I mean Ciftci who is a twenty-something candidate for Tampa City Council district 3, sent the following e-mail to the editors of Creative Loafing (where my Irreverent View column is cross-published) earlier today. Ciftci sent the e-mail in response to my column of earlier today which pointed out what a zero Ciftci is as a candidate for public office. CLs editors asked me if I had any comment to Ciftci’s claims.

Watch out Tampa! This guy is squirrel poop and he will say or do anything to advance his unaccomplished self

By Chris Ingram

So this little piece of squirrel poop Michael Shifty – I mean Ciftci, who is a twenty-something candidate for Tampa City Council district 3, sent the following e-mail to the editors of Creative Loafing (where my Irreverent View column is cross-published) earlier today. Ciftci sent the e-mail in response to my column of earlier today which pointed out what a zero Ciftci is as a candidate for public office. CLs editors asked me if I had any comment to Ciftci’s claims.

Here’s Shifty’s e-mail to the CL editors:

“I am truly baffled by Chris Ingraham’s bizarre rant. He seemed to agree with our positive vision for Tampa when he pitched me his political consulting services. I told him we were going in a different direction, which I assume elicited this troubling outburst. Mr. Ingraham’s shakedown tactics didn’t work with the Marco Rubio campaign and they won’t work with me.”

(I e-mailed CL’s editors the following):

From: Chris Ingram [mailto:chris@411communications.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:42 PM
To: ‘Mitch Perry’
Subject: RE: Ciftci’s Reply to Chris Ingram’s Bizarre Rant

I would call on Mr. Ciftci to provide one ounce of evidence that I ever “pitched” him. He’s going down the Rubio path of lets kill the messenger.

(And this):

From: Chris Ingram [mailto:chris@411communications.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:48 PM
To: ‘Mitch Perry’
Subject: FW: email blast?

Mitch,

Per my voice mail a few minutes ago, please read the following email chain I had with Michael Ciftci. I will swear on a stack of bibles this was the last communication that I had with this little twerp AND that I NEVER pitched his sorry ass for any consulting services.
He is following the Rubio attack the messenger and his credibility tactic because he has NO FACTS on his side. The little f***…

Call me if you have any questions.

Chris

(Here is the e-mail I referenced to Mitch. It is the last communication I ever had with Michael Ciftci. It starts with a Ciftci e-mail to me asking me to help him with promotions of an event by giving him an e-mail list I had):

From: Michael A. Ciftci [mailto:michael@GreenBusinessSummit.org]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:22 AM
To: Chris Ingram
Subject: email blast?

Hello friend. Would you hook me up with an email blast with that badass expansive list of yours?? It would mucho appreciate it. Information attached. Obviously you get the VIP ticket for free!
****************************
Michael A. Ciftci | United for a Sustainable America
michael@GreenBusinessSummit.org | 352.235.0171

(Here is my reply. Note that the “Trey” referenced by me is Trey Rustmann who was a candidate for Hillsborough County Commission I was working with):

From: Chris Ingram [mailto:chris@411communications.com]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:33 AM
To: ‘Michael A. Ciftci’
Subject: RE: email blast?

The way you guys helped Trey…. No.

(Ciftci’s reply):

From: Michael Ciftci [mailto:michael@sustainablestrategiesllc.com]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 5:42 AM
To: ‘Chris Ingram’
Subject: RE: email blast?

Are you kidding? Who helped him more?

(My reply follows. Note the “you guys” I refer to in this next e-mail is Don Phillips and his political action group that Ciftci used to work for):

From: Chris Ingram [mailto:chris@411communications.com]
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 6:05 AM
To: ‘Michael Ciftci’
Cc: ‘Don Phillips’
Subject: RE: email blast?

Michael,

You guys drug your feet, complained, but offered no solutions, and gave more empty promises than Congress.
A big waste of time. I wouldn’t ever send another candidate back to your little group if it was the only game in town.
Ask Don where the $3K he promised to raise Trey (the last week of the campaign) where his check is. Just another empty promise, no doubt.

It was a complete joke working with you guys. And your attitude and demeanor toward people is completely unprofessional and you yourself are a joke. A little too big for your britches you are Michael. How many times did you not return phone calls, or not show up for meetings YOU had scheduled? I can’t believe you haven’t gotten yourself fired with your unprofessional antics.

Chris

(end of e-mail chain)

So that’s it. That was the last time I ever spoke to, or e-mailed, or had any communications with Michael Ciftci. He’s spreading lies about me just like Marco Rubio did when I spilled the beans about our fine senator. Specifically, trying to malign my reputation as though I am someone who takes action against people who don’t hire me for political services. I would have no more offered my services to Michael Ciftci than I would have to Charlie Crist.

Just to set the record straight, let me provide a short list of people whom I have legitimately pitched for political consulting services at one point or another, not “gotten the job” and have NOT trashed as Marco Rubio and Ciftci have suggested I did/have done to them because of it.

You be the judge:

Chris Hart, candidate for Tampa City Council district 3 (Ciftci’s current opponent)

Mark Sharpe, Hillsborough County Commissioner

Bob Buckhorn, candidate for Tampa Mayor

Terry Kemple, candidate for Hillsborough County School Board

Are you starting to see a pattern here?

I only pitch people whom I believe in. People whom I think are honest, trustworthy and would make a good public servant. Sometimes you get the business and sometimes you don’t. Regardless of whether or not I get the business, I stick with those candidates whom I believe in. In many, if not most cases, I even make a financial contribution to the candidate. I do this because even if the candidate doesn’t hire me, whatever it was that attracted me to them as a candidate/potential public servant remains despite whatever reasons they had to not use my services.

Sure there are a few exceptions. I’ve made some mistakes pitching “the wrong guy” or working for the “wrong gal” (Katherine Harris), but I’ve got to tell you, I would NEVER pitch or even consider working for some lightweight, wannabe, lying stooge like Michael Ciftci. Not even if my kid’s college education depended on it.

And Michael Ciftci and his campaign stooges know it.

You picked a fight with the wrong guy Squirrel Poop.

Chris Ingram is the president and founder of 411 Communications a corporate and political communications firm, and publisher of Irreverent View. Ingram is a frequent pundit on Fox News and CNN, and has written opinion columns for the Washington Times, UPI, and National Review online. He is the Republican political analyst for Bay News 9, the only 24 hour all news channel in Florida’s largest media market. The opinions expressed here are those of author and do not represent the views of Bay News 9. E-mail him at: Chris@IrreverentView.com.

Please feel free to submit a comment on our blogs. By posting a comment you acknowledge reading and following our terms and conditions.  You may also submit a comment by e-mail. If you e-mail a comment you consent to your comment and name being posted on the Irreverent View website. If you wish to remain completely anonymous, please state so in your e-mail.

12 thoughts on “Michael Ciftci is shifty”

1. too funny! (and too bad the guy isn’t even smart enough to spell your name correctly! especially when it was right there in the article he was criticizing) very unprofessional

2. Second slurp — Michael Ciftci. I guess developers can’t afford to have do-boys anymore, so this young man is scrambling for a job? Hey, Don Phillips himself may be looking for a new gig soon, so wouldn’t be surprised if he ran for, say…mayor. Is it too late to qualify for that race? We need a few more candidates in that race. And why is Victor Crist for this Ciftci person? What is the link there? This county is so crazy….

3. Had to explain to a colleague at an interview last weekend that the young woman escorting him was not, as her in appropriate clothing would imply, a street walker. Still don’t know why he chose to bring a date, though. Certainly didn’t help his credibility.

4. Ha ha! I see “Shifty” around town and I don’t know how many times I’ve thought that girl he parades around with looks like a 2-bit streetwalker–shoulder tatoos, crazy hair and all! Guess for someone that fancies himself a politico, Shifty has no idea that the company you keep defines what people think of you. (You’re doing a great job, Chris! Keep up the good work outing Squirrel Poop for what he really is!)

5. I remember my first impression of Michael. It was a few years ago and he was working for Don Phillips. His work seemed more like going around to clubs, drinking lots of alcohol and pretending to be everybody’s best friend. He was full of himself and presented a faux humility. Instantly, without even knowing me, he introduced me to his friends as, “my great friend and THE man to know.” I thought how useless his opinion was with such an ignorant, and unsolicited endorsement of me, a virtual stranger to him. Unlike Michael, I do not need people stroking my ego. I believe that an an endorsement is something that should be earned. Friendship is also something not built over night. Michael seems fake, pro-developers, and I hope that he does not win. We don’t need another Jim Norman style sellout to developers…

6. Chis, I am shocked and very disappointed in your insensitive language, especially since the President has cautioned us to be nice in our political speech so we can all get along. I do think it’s nice of you, however, to admit you have sometimes made a mistake in your choice of clients. I can certainly think of one in SW Florida a few years back.